Top Rated Steam Cleaners Reviews
People are starting to notice now that steam mops are doing an excellent job of cleaning floors, much better than regular mops.
When used properly, best steam cleaner for floors cause no damage to any type of flooring while cleaning it perfectly. This is because no moisture actually gets to the floor; the steam mop dries the surface perfectly before it can get wet.
Best floor steam cleaners have a water bucket built in them, no more dragging along a heavy inconvenient bucket with water when you wash the floor. Just imagine how much easier and simpler the cleaning becomes with steam mops. And not only that, but steam mops kill close to 99,9% of germs, so we don’t have to use any additional chemicals in the process of cleaning, which is extremely healthy for your family and to the environment. To help you decide which steam mop to choose, we created the comparison guide of the best rated steam mops.
Different Types of Floor Steam Cleaners
Despite the fact that there are different types of steam mops available, still it is difficult to find good steam machine reviews that compare the devices according to features, cost and performance. Here is a comparison list of top steam mops that have received approval from users.
Bissell PowerFresh – white in color, 9 pounds weight, and price is around $85. An average rating is 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Eureka Enviro Hard-Surface, Floor Steamer 313A – 7.5 pounds weight, price is around $55.99, free shipping to some regions. An average rating is 3.6 out of 5 stars.
Shark Professional Steam Pocket Mop (S3601D) – 8.2 pounds weight, price is around $125.64. An average rating is 3.6 out of 5 stars.
Euro-Pro Sales S3501 Deluxe – 6.5 pounds weight, price is around $69.38. An average rating is 3.4 out of 5 stars.
Sienna Vibe – 5.6 pounds weight, price is around $51.97. An average rating is 4.1 out of 5 stars.
How Do I Find The Best Floor Cleaning Machine For Me?
Now that you understand that a steam mop is a convenient healthy tool for cleaning, it is time for us to give you some tips on how to find which one is better for us.
There are different kinds of steam mops available, and it may be difficult sometimes to decide which one to acquire. We have prepared for you a list of features that might be important to look out for when choosing a steam cleaner.
- Easy handling – try to find a mop that is light and easy to maneuver. A swivel head will help you clean the areas that are hard to reach.
- Long power cord – usually steam mops have 16-30 feet long power cord. It is better to choose the cleaner with at least 25 feet power cord, because it will allow you to work on bigger areas without unplugging.
- Large water tank – with big water tank you will be able to work on large areas without having to refill the tank. This will make your cleaning easier and faster.
- Removable water tank – if the water tank of the steam cleaner is removable, it is much easier to fill and clean it.
- Steam control – a high quality mop is equipped with a dial or a trigger to control steam outlet. You may want to apply different modes on different floorings. Also it is useful to change the amount of steam depending on how dirty the floor is.
- Built-in power switch – an on/off switch on a mop is another thing that will save you a lot of time. Without the switch you will have to unplug the mop every time you stop it, and then you will have to plug it back in again when you resume the cleaning.
Top 5 Floor Steam Cleaner Reviews
Any of the steam cleaners included in our review will be a good purchase. Like in any other products the best choice of a steam mop can probably be found among the expensive ones, although, a low priced steam mop can also be quite good.
This easy to use steamer is white in color. It cleans crevices and corners well and leaves a refreshing scent in the room. It has a SmartSet Steam Control that allows you to select the amount of steam that is needed for the cleaning.
Simple assembly makes this mop easy to use and to put away until the next cleaning.
- Price is around $85.
- Contains Scrubber that can flip down when needed.
- SmartSet Steam Control makes your cleaning more effective, allowing you to choose the amount of steam.
- Fresh scent SpringBreeze fragrance disks.
- Removable water tank is easy to clean and fill.
- Low profile head mop allows to easily clean the hard-to-reach parts of the room.
- Convenient scrubber that easily cleans crevices.
- SmartSet steam control allows you to choose the amount of steam.
- Kills close to 99% of all household germs and bacteria.
- May be used safely on different floorings, even on hardwoods and laminates.
- You cannot turn off the steam.
- The swivel joint is placed above the head of the mop.
- Some discoloration may appear after cleaning.
Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner FH40160PC
This model is much better than previous designs. It includes two types of brushes. One is for tile and cement floors, and the other is for timber flooring. The two brushes of this mop can rotate while cleaning.
The steamer has two water tanks. The tanks are transparent, the amount of clean water left in one tank, and the amount of dirty water in the other are easy to see. The steam mop has a drying function, but it is not very effective, it may take about an hour for a floor to dry.
This steam mop is easy in use and cleans well. Stains need some time and effort to remove though. A lot of solution is needed on dirty floors.
- Price is around $139.
- Power cord 20 ft.
- SpinScrub technology 360°.
- Two brushes designed for different types of floors.
- Two tanks: for dirty and for clean water.
- Large water container: 1.5 quart.
- The filter is easy to clean.
- The electric motor is quiet.
- Contains a squeegee to help drying.
- Solid suction.
- Two storage tanks for water.
- Easy to works on hard-to-reach areas.
- Leakages may occur.
- Power cord is not as long as in some other models.
- Floors take much time to dry after cleaning.
- Brushes are relatively small.
This cleaner has received great feedback from users. One of the many reasons the customers liked it is that its triangular head is able to swivel and revolve. All the hard-to-reach areas can be easily cleaned with this machine.
The steamer consists of only a few parts, which makes it easy to assemble. After 30 seconds it is ready to be used and it is convenient to work with. It cleans all surfaces quite well, even dirty ones with tough stains.
The triangular head shape is really a wonderful decision of the manufacturer, because it works absolutely perfectly in cleaning corners, and many users have mentioned this feature in the comments.
- Price around $59, free shipping in some regions.
- Equipped with the trigger to set the amount of steam.
- 2 mop pads, both are triangular-shaped, for soft and hard cleaning.
- A water tank, which is removable and is easy to fill.
- Triangular-shaped head that allows the mop to access hard-to-reach areas.
- Works well on any hard-to-reach areas, such as crevices, corners, and other.
- Equipped with a steam control trigger.
- Cleans and sanitizes.
- Easy to assemble and use.
- Maneuverable and light.
- Not very long power cord.
- Some customers have said that it is quite vulnerable.
Bissell Hard-Floor Cleaner, Green Tea, 1867-7
This steam mop is one of those that are able to clean deeply and perfectly without using harmful cleaning agents. The customers have given many positive reviews, especially those who own hard floors. They said the Bissell Hard-Floor Cleaner, Green Tea, 1867-7 works extremely well on this type of floorings.
This steamer kills germs and bacteria with water alone, which is extremely healthy and especially useful when you have pets and kids playing together on the floor.
- The price is around $63.20.
- Two mop pads made of microfiber that you can wash easily.
- Simple construction of the mop makes it easy to assemble and use.
- The water tank is removable. It can be refilled and cleaned easily.
- Sanitizes the floor, killing close to 99.9% of household germs.
- The head of the mop rotates 360 degrees.
- Steam on demand.
- Swivel head is able to rotate 360 degrees, which allows to clean hard-to-reach areas perfectly.
- Simple in use, fast to assemble.
- Only water is needed for sanitizing.
- Small weight, easy to use even for elderly and handicapped people.
- The power cord is not very long.
This relatively small and compact machine is very convenient and portable, that is why many customers choose this model. It also heats up very quickly. The water tank is removable and is easy to clean and fill.
This steamer is able to stand by itself. In order to let out the steam, you don’t have to hold constantly any button, which is a design feature that people with arthritis will appreciate.
- Price is around $51.97.
- Sanitizes the floor leaving a fresh scent.
- The mop head is triangular and rotating, cleans difficult areas perfectly.
- Two mop pads made of microfiber, which are durable and reusable.
- It has the SteamStop mode, which means that the steam stops when the mop in an upright position.
- Absolutely light and easy to work with.
- Only water is needed for sanitizing.
- Cleans hard-to-reach areas well.
- Regular tap water doesn’t cause any damage to the machine.
- Power cord is not very long.
- The water tank is small; you may need to refill it while cleaning the house.
- The handle is wobbly.